Iemoto Akane Teshigahara Performance/Demonstration at Kennedy Theater
Program – 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm. The program is 1 hour and 30 minutes, with no intermission.
Ticket – Your ticket will be in your registration packet.
By Chartered Bus: A round trip chartered bus service will be provided. The cost of the ticket is $25.00. Please purchase your ticket online.
By Automobile: If you wish to drive, please go to the hospitality desk for a map of the University of Hawaii. The University’s parking structure is 15 minutes from Waikiki and another 10 minutes to the Theatre. Visitors parking on Upper Campus, near Kennedy Theater, between 6:30am and 4:00pm, must park in the green Pay-to-Park stalls. Pay at the automated Pay Stations located near the stalls, $2.00 per half hour increments. Parking is limited to a 3-hour maximum before 4:00pm on weekdays. These Stations accept credit cards (MasterCard and VISA) and cash (quarters, dollars $1.00, $5.00 and $10.00 bills), exact change only. No refunds are issued from these machines. (Parking fees are subject to change) While parked, you are required to display the parking ticket issued from the Pay Station on the dashboard of your vehicle. Make sure the expiration time is visible through the windshield.
No Cameras, no DVDs, and no cell phone use during the show.
All workshops will be held at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel – 2nd Floor
What to bring: For all Workshops, you will need:
- Ikebana scissors
- Vases and kenzan
- Mizukiri bowl
- Wire, stapler, double sided tape, tools, etc. (optional)
- Sketchbook and pencil
If you are taking Workshop B-5 on May 16, 2019 with Master Instructor Misei Ishikawa, you are required to bring your own moribana vase.
- Workshops will start promptly at the designated times. Please be seated 15 minutes prior to the start time. Fill your vase and mizukiri bowl with water.
- Doors to the workshop will open one hour before the start of the workshop.
- All seats are unreserved.
- Floral materials will be pre-placed on each work space. Please do not open the bundles until after instructions and demonstration by instructors are completed.
- All arrangements will be critiqued by Iemoto Akane Teshigahara / Master Instructor Misei Ishikawa. Please:
- Clear your table, place your scissors beside your arrangement.
- Stand to the side of your arrangement and acknowledge the instructor when it is your time to be critiqued.
- All others please stand to the side and back of the instructor. Do not stand in front of the arrangement.
- Silence is golden when an arrangement is being critiqued,
- No photographing until all critiquing are completed.
- Please dispose of your materials in marked bins. Cut branches into smaller pieces.
- Empty water into designated water barrel.
- Clean your workspace ready for the next workshop.
- Return rented vases to the vase rental table immediately.
NO FOOD ALLOWED IN THE WORKSHOPS.
BECAUSE OF LIMITED SPACE, PLEASE BRING ONLY YOUR VASE AND IKEBANA TOOLS TO THE CLASSROOM.
You are encouraged to bring your own vase to the workshops. A limited amount of vases (30) will be available per workshop for rent. They will be located in the Kohala room an hour before your scheduled workshop and must be returned immediately after the workshop. Kenzans and Ikebana scissors will NOT be available.
If you damage the rented vase you are required to pay up to $75.00 for its replacement or repair.
Ceramic vases by Masuo Ojima and Sogetsu containers from Japan will be on sale in the Aloha Store.